Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fabric Flowers


I wanted to do a little bit of experimenting with some fabric and notions that I had in my fiber/fabric crafting closet. These where the first of those. I will later add pins to the back to that I can accessorize my wardrobe a bit.


I made this for my BC(by choice) sister. Her favorite color is purple, so I based it off of that. Using all antique fabrics.



I made this for one of my etsy shops.
It's kind of a country flower, although if your a Red Hat Lady it would make a cool accessory!



These petals are made entirely of imported silk fabric and is also in my etsy shop.



I was think of our local county fair when I made this. I envisioned wearing blue jeans maybe Wranglers or Levi's and sitting in the stands of the cowboy arena watching the men and women roping cows and riding bullls, eating cotton candy or some seasoned corn on the cob and listening to someone sing The Star Spangled Banner. This item is also available in my etsy shop.

Interested in making your own fabric flowers I found this great blogger called The Crafty Blog Stalker that has put together 20 different kinds that you can make with photos and links on how to make them yourself!

Enjoy and good luck with your next art or craft project!

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment