Sunday, July 28, 2013

Felted Bowls


After clearing out and organizing 4 closets in my house. I discovered that I had a lot of fiber! I looked up online projects and tutorials and found this great site full of wonderful wet felting tutorials. My son wanted to give it a try as soon as I started my little bowl only he wanted to make a larger one. The result was as I discovered that you can make this with your child of 10 but you can't expect that his attention or patience will last longer that 2 hours. Which is what happened in my case. This project took about 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Well gratifying but hard to keep track of two at the same time. So my recommendation would be to try only one and to do a small one first before you get all wrapped up and carried away like I did! Give it a whirl, it is a real fun project. The tutorial was found on Annie and Lyn Rosiepinks website for wet felted pods. Only need to click on the highlighted words and it will take you right where you need to go. 

Good luck with your felted projects!

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment