Monday, March 18, 2013

German Pancakes

This is a great tradition at our house on the weekends. I get special requests for it from time to time. It is something that fills us up past our normal lunchtime. It is quite filling. 


This is what it looks like before we put anything on it.


My husband likes his German Pancakes with Peanut Butter and Syrup.


This one's just come out of the oven ready to be served on the warmed plates. 

Funny story about these pancakes. I called my mom one day when my husband and I were first together and asked for her German Pancake recipe. I understood the recipe so I thought. I used the entire recipe per pie pan. So instead of only two eggs per pan there was 4 and double everything. It was quite intimidating to eat. In my embarrassment I called back my mom and said, "the pancake were good mom, but I don't remember them being that thick!" She said not that was for two not one! Well my husband and I didn't feel like eating for the remainder of day, but we couldn't have went without food for three days, that's how filling they were. 


German Pancakes

4 eggs
2/3 Cup milk (I use rice milk and it works just fine)
2/3 Cup all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons melted butter
Sprinkle of salt (optional) 

Grease 2 pie pans very well. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Blend eggs on high in a blender. Then change speed on blender to low and add milk, slowly add flour, and melted butter, sugar and salt. Turn back to high on the blender. Then stop blender and pour equal amounts between both pie pans. I also use round 8 or 9" cake pans if you don't have any pie pans. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Lower temp to 325 degrees and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve immediately on warmed plates.

You can add butter and peanut butter and then syrup, butter and powdered sugar or simply eat it the way that it is come straight from the oven.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as my family has for the past 30 years!

Abby





No comments:

Post a Comment